When the lockdown started in France last mid-March, I was thinking of so many ways to do inside my apartment. It was the period of uncertainty. I had enough books, Netflix, a box of 1000-piece puzzle, drawing pads and watercolors. And in my kitchen, I was able to stock up on 2kg of flour and eggs, just the right amount that did not equate to hoarding, okay? 🙂
I failed in my attempt to bake my favorite cinnamon bread even if it’s delicious. It’s not soft enough to my liking.
And then I have thought about making this chocolate crinkles. My first taste of this was probably the one I got in ADB during the time I went there for a product demonstration. Since then, I have thought about recreating it but never had the time, until now. I tested several recipes until I come up with my own that is likened to my personal taste: not so sweet but you can feel that chocolatey flavor.
Without further ado, here are the ingredients:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Confectioner’s / icing sugar (or more, depends on you)
- I highlighted the ingredients above to separate. Mix the ingredients in black altogether first
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour mixture which is underlined in blue
- Add the flour mixture to the rest of the other ingredients
- Chill for one hour or overnight. This is necessary. It allows the flavor to spread and prevents the cookies from spreading out in the baking sheet
- Scoop and roll the cookie dough in a confectioner’s / icing sugar. Be generous. If you feel like 1 tbsp is not enough, it’s up to you if you want to use more. This compensates to the 3/4 cup sugar that we only put in the mixture as I don’t want the cookie to be very sweet
- Place it on the baking sheet on top of a tray and make sure to put space in between the dough
- Bake in 350F for 12-13 minutes. If you made a large cookie, this could be more, can take up to 15-20mins.
- Once done, place it on a cooling rack. The texture should be soft and chewy, and not crumbling since this has been chilled in the fridge for at least an hour.
If you tried this, let me know what you think in the comments. 🙂
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Crinkles”
Definitely trying this! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ooooh, let me know how it went! Goodluck and enjoy! 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people